Office is becoming Microsoft 365
The all-new Microsoft 365 lets you create, share and collaborate all in one place with your favourite apps.
From November 2022 changes will begin rolling out for Office.com, and will become the Microsoft 365 app, with a new icon, a new look, and even more features. Changes will begin rolling out for the Office app on Windows and the Office mobile app in January 2023.
What changes are coming?
- New types of content creation and templates: Create is the place to quickly start on projects across several Microsoft 365 apps either from blank templates or try recommended templates for quicker inspiration. The Create module is already available to all users on the web, Windows, and mobile, with more template types arriving for consumers next year.
- New Apps module: Discover, launch, and pin the tools you use the most across Microsoft 365. Available next month to all users on the web and Windows, and on mobile in the coming months.
- Welcome Badging: Allows you to see your Microsoft 365 subscription status and track storage usage in one easy place. Available next month to consumer users on the web and Windows.
- My Content: A popular feature for business customers, now available for personal use, My Content is a central location to view and access all your content – created by you or shared with you – regardless of where it’s stored. Available next month to all users on the web and Windows.
- Feed: Relevant content based on who you work with and what you work on is surfaced through an easy-to-digest interface to simplify your workflow. Available today for commercial users on the web, Windows, and mobile.
- Tagging: A new way to group and organize your content with custom tags across all types of content. Available today for commercial users on the web and Windows.
There will be no impact to your existing account, profile, subscription, or files. The app will update automatically with a new icon and name, so keep an eye out for those changes in November and beyond.
If you have any questions about this change or would like to implement Microsoft 365 throughout your business, contact us today.